Writing is good therapy for me. Not being on the radio every day, I feel that my creativity is down. Being able to write certainly helps me to start thinking a bit broader. Any writer will tell you that inspiration can be found almost everywhere, you just need to find those things that inspire. Facebook can sometimes be that inspiration. I have three or four ideas that I am writing about now, but for today – here’s a bunch of lists. Perhaps, it will get you to know me a bit better.
A buddy of mine posted this on Facebook, so I posted it on my page as well. Some of these were more difficult than others to answer. If more questions come in, I’ll probably save them for a future write up. For now – here are the answers to those who asked…..
Top Five Flavors (Lee)
Musical Bands (Steve)
- The Beatles
- The Rolling Stones
- Dave Clark Five
- Led Zeppelin
Musical Artists (Steve)
- Dean Martin
- Elvis Presley
- Roy Orbison
- Frank Sinatra
- Andrea Bocelli
Radio Personalities (Joseph)
This one is SO difficult, but I will name those who were an early influence to me.
- Jim McKenzie
- Paul Christy
- Richard D.
- Johnny Molson
- Casey Kasem
Favorite Comedians (Jane)
This is also difficult, because there are so many of them.
- Jack Benny
- Redd Foxx
- George Carlin
- Don Rickles
- Robin Williams
This is next to impossible to narrow down to five. I would prefer to do this by genre, but even that would be difficult. Right now I am doing the 10 movies that had an impact on me on Facebook, which narrows it down a bit. At this very moment, I have decided that I can’t answer this unless I am given a genre. WAY TOO difficult to narrow all the movies I love down to a top 5.
Pick Up Lines I Have Heard (Christina)
- Got any Italian in you? Want some?
- (Licks finger and touches girl’s shirt) Let’s go somewhere and get you out of those wet clothes.
- Tie your shoes! I don’t want you falling for anyone else!
- I know you are busy today, but can you add me to your “to do” list?
- My lips are like Skittles. Wanna taste the rainbow?
Sex Positions (Warren and Christopher)
I know that it says ask me anything … I’m sorry, boys, but this one is not for public knowledge. If you need ideas….go to the library and check out a book …. or a porno movie.
Current Songs (Pam)
Music is also something that is easier for me to narrow down if you ask for a genre or format. I asked Pam to narrow it down and she said “current music”. To me, some of today’s music is just awful. There are some songs that I think are ok and that people dance to at gigs – these are those songs.
- Can’t Stop the Feeling – Justin Timberlake
- Feel It Still – Portugal, the Man
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Love Runs Out – One Republic
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars
Songs I Played in High School Band (Chris)
- Four of a Kind (Trumpet feature)
- Tin Pan Alley
- Hall of Fame March
- Sing, Sing, Sing
- The Seventies
Comedy Movie Lines (John)
This one is also SO unfair! There are SO many lines from each of my favorite comedy movies. Maybe I need to do a top five lines from each movie at some point….for now….here are these:
- “I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley” (Airplane)
- “Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries” (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
- “What knockers!” (Young Frankenstein)
- “It looks good on you though!” (Caddyshack)
- “It’s a beautiful place, Bob” (Blues Brothers)
2 thoughts on “Top Fives”
Always enjoy reading ur blogs.. miss you my friend..