I enjoy stupid puns. Every time someone says that spring is just around the corner, I think of the above picture!
Despite having a big snow a few days ago, the temperatures are rising and the snow has pretty much melted away. We actually got over 60 degrees today! When I left to go to work, I was pleasantly surprised at the temperature:
What a wonderful day to get out and enjoy! Of course, I had to sleep through most of it. It was nice to walk out of the bedroom to fresh air. Sam had the windows open in the house and there was a nice breeze in the living room.
On my way into work, it was very obvious to me that people were loving being outside! Just some of the things I witnessed as I drove in:
- The park was crowded with parents and children.
- Many people were walking their dogs.
- Pairs of mom’s pushing kids in strollers and chatting with each other.
- Two people playing catch at the park.
- Extra long lines at the ice cream stand down the road.
- Countless people walking without jackets.
- Plenty of cars driving with Windows down.
- People reading books while sitting on their front porch.
Earlier today, while I slept, Sam actually was able to get out the double stroller and she took her first run of the season. Ella already loves talking walks, but this was Andrew’s first jog through the neighborhood. Ella told me when I got up that she got to see her “puppy friend” (an old bassett hound we see on our walks).
I know I am excited for warmer weather! I love my walks with Ella and I’m sure Andrew will enjoy them, too!
I also know that I may be rushing things a bit. If I “uncrop” the temperature picture a little, and you take a good look at it, you will see that Old Man Winter isn’t quite done with us …
I guess I just need to keep thinking positive and thinking spring!