When I get home in the morning, my little girl will be two years old. My wife probably didn’t intend on making me cry, but she sent me a picture of her sleeping in her crib with the message “Last picture as a 1 year old,” but she did.
I wish I had taken the day off tomorrow. I didn’t because I had to save my PTO time for a surgery I am having this month. I want to spend the entire day with her. I want to celebrate HER! Sadly, I have to work tomorrow night, so I will probably miss most of her day.
As I look back over the last year, it is amazing to see how much she has grown and just how far she has come. Some highlights:
- First birthday at the Sea Life Aquarium
- Amazing professional First Birthday/Cake Smash photoshoot
- First haircut with Miss Sherry
- Family Easter Egg hunt
- Finding out she was going to be a big sister
- First time eating corn on the cob
- First time bowling (with big brothers)
- Family visit to the Detroit and Saginaw Zoos
- First trip to the library
- Drawing her first picture
- Daddy/Daughter picnic
- First surgery – ear tubes
- Outside adventures (trampoline fun, walks around the neighborhood, sidewalk chalk drawings, sandbox fun, visits to the park, playing on the splashpad, swimming in her kiddie pool, playing in leaf piles, sledding and making snow angels)
- Arrival of Little Brother and official promotion to Big Sister
- Family visit with Santa at Cabella’s
- Daddy/Daughter trip to Bronners to buy the annual Christmas ornament
- Visits from Aunt Margaret, Cousin Marissa, Papa and Grandma, Uncle Chris, and so many others.
What a One-derful year it has been!
The “terrible twos” don’t scare me. I just hope that time slows down a bit.
Yesterday, I kissed my one year old for the last time. When I get home in the morning, I will kiss my two year old for the first time. I can’t wait to see her….